Dee to the Dub

Dee to the Dub
I love the smell of molten brass in the morning....

Friday, August 15, 2008

Setting it all up...

Yeah, I have the tools to make great bikes, but if they aren't set up properly, it makes the whole process more difficult and lets face the facts, you pay for precision, you deserve precision.
I was referred by a friend of a friend to Frank. Frank is the same age as my father, 86. Frank is a retired tool and die maker for Allison, one of the most respected names in the auto industry.
Frank is still sharp and has forgotten more about being a machinist than I shall ever know.
He has been helping set up the DWC machine shop in a "proper" and precision manner.
Its kind of fun hangin out with Frank, as he knows everyone in Indy thats ever worked on a car here. Well, maybe everyone thats ever ridden in a car here... No matter where we go, folks always yell out a hello for Frank. One of the neatest guys I have met here... He has taken apart my Bridgeport and made is look better than it had for probably 20 years. He is currently working on my Sheldon lathe. I will post some "after" pics next week when we are done.

Thanks Frank!!!!

DW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don,
The place is starting to look great. Are you going to be giving tours of the store front during NAHBS?

DeeDub said...

Yes, I will be able to, as long as I have the free time.

DW