Dee to the Dub

Dee to the Dub
I love the smell of molten brass in the morning....

Saturday, May 30, 2009

well, the misery continues...

Thursday nights group ride. After I switched wheels, used Chain-L lube on the chain I was about 6 miles into the group ride and then it started.... The chain went skipping, no matter what gear I was in. I adjusted the derraileur cable and that seemed to stop it from skipping real bad, but I already lost contact with the group. Rather than torture myself with the 20 miles solo, I turned around and headed back to the start. I was glad I did because the chain never really got a good feel to it the entire way back. I have ordered a new chain, a new rear derraileur and will replace the derraileur first and see if that solves the problem. All this from a tip-over crash.... damn. DW

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stiff link for sure :-) Small small combo and look for skipping as the chain passes over the jockey wheels...

probably a burr on the chain causing the stiff link.