Dee to the Dub

Dee to the Dub
I love the smell of molten brass in the morning....

Saturday, August 22, 2009

uhhhhh, owww!

In my quest to lose weight, I'm riding my bike much more these days.
Todays ride was a CIBA ride. ( http://cibaride.org ) Its my first experience on a CIBA group ride. I opted for the middle distance of 47 miles. Plus I rode to the location the ride starts from.
All in all, 65 miles and about 3.5 hours in the wind. Plus, it was unseasonably chilly this morning. Yuck!

I rode with a group to the rest stop and then it was just me and 1 guy leaving the stop at the same time, so we rode almost 20 miles on the way in together. We were caught by a group, getting close to home, and I had nothing, so I let him go and ride with the group. I soloed the last 8 miles in, by myself, in the wind (carrying my invalid brother on my back... but thats a different story for another time...) and then I had a nice tailwind all the way back to the shop.

So, how do I feel? My legs feel like lead, my lower back is screaming obscenities at me and I'd just love to lay down and take a nap.
Weather permitting, I'm going out for 2.5 hours alone tomorrow. Wish me luck!
DW

No comments: