Dee to the Dub

Dee to the Dub
I love the smell of molten brass in the morning....

Friday, April 24, 2009

ride report.

Last night I went on the Nebo Ridge group ride. they have 4 groups. Racers, Killer B's, Honey B's and rookies.
I opted for the Honey B's. Its supposed to have a 19mph average. It was windy as Kansas last night and it was hard work the whole way round. The group splintered even with a tailwind on the way out. I managed to make the split each time. We were echeloning the entire time. Once we turned into the wind, it was a bit more difficult for me. I skipped some pulls and stayed at the back a few times to catch my wind because I didn't want to get caught out there by myself. I held my own and even took some pulls once I had my lungs again. I stayed with the lead group all the way until the sprint. Once they jumped, I was gassed from my effort to hang with them after the first 100 meters and shot out the back. I soloed in during the cool down and thought to myself "give me a few more weeks and I will be contesting the sprints". Not bad for my 3rd ride of the year.

btw, my new road bike kicks all kinds of ass.

DW

No comments: