Dee to the Dub

Dee to the Dub
I love the smell of molten brass in the morning....

Friday, July 31, 2009

at long last.... 19 years between track races

Yes, you read that right. I raced my new track bike last night. I know better now that I need more than 10 minutes to warm up.
So, heres where I tell you the results.
the flying lap of 333 meters was 23.2 seconds. Not as slow as I thought I was. However, I still had minimal warm up and it was the bikes maiden voyage. I am still dialing in my position.
I believe my bars are still too low to breath properly.
The 3 lap scratch, I won. Now, I was only going against 5 other riders, 4 of which were women. I really should be ashamed, but I am old and fat and have no speed or endurance right now and only 650 miles in my legs for the year. Not much confidence in my ability right now. The only reason I won was experience. I doubt that I was the fastest rider in race...
The 5 lap scratch, dead last. In fact, I wasnt warmed up yet...still.
Miss and Out, I won. It was 3 laps and then they would start pulling riders. I sat at the back and picked them off one at a time. Again, I only won on experience.
I packed up my stuff, half ashamed, yet half happy that I didn't totally suck. I will try again next week and with any luck I will have more than 1 ride in my legs for the week when I go back...

DW

No comments: