Dee to the Dub

Dee to the Dub
I love the smell of molten brass in the morning....

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Milwaukee? Nope, not this time.

Hey, its been a while, I know. But its good to see you again, dear blog.
Today's tale comes courtesy of the Milwaukee Convention and Visitors Bureau.

A month ago I was contacted by Collinson Publishing ( http://connectyourmeetings.com/ ) about going to Milwaukee to serve on a board of some sort answering question about NAHBS. Sounded good to me. I jumped at the opportunity. Lets face it, I enjoy jet setting around the globe ( in reality, I am a white knuckle flyer ) but I really like to eat on someone else's tab. Well, a week ago, I still don't have an itinerary. Odd. I do get an email from someone telling me that they need to book my flight. I respond saying, yes, you do. Then a call on Friday to discuss my itinerary with the CVB, but still no itinerary. Yesterday, I get a phone call in the morning from someone and they said they would call back in a few minutes with the details. 4 hours later, I get said phone call. I realize that there have been missed communications (to say the least) and now I have changed my mind about going. I don't like "wingin it" when it comes to travel. I like things to be well planned and organized, believe it or not. So I politely bowed out of the opportunity. Its best this way. If I had been out of the shop for 2 or 3 more days, that puts me farther behind schedule.

Anyhow, I was really looking forward to going to the Comet Cafe ( http://thecometcafe.com/ ) because I saw them on Diners, Drive In's and Dives. Hey, any place that will give you a basket of bacon when you buy a beer on Sunday night is more than OK in my book. I just wish that the trip would have worked out. Damn the bad luck. I guess this means I have to wait for next year when my brother comes to the Midwest for a visit to go there.

DW

No comments: