Dee to the Dub

Dee to the Dub
I love the smell of molten brass in the morning....

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Crap.

Whenever things seem too perfect, they usually are.
I was thrilled to have the best possible apprentice, Alan "Bearclaw" Jones work for me for a couple months. Al had to change his schedule for a few reasons. I am not holding that against him. He was by far the best apprentice a builder could have. He could do it all. Graphics, drafting, slotting, mitering, prepping, etc. etc. etc. I cant believe I had someone so versatile and such a fast learner.

While I felt like it was a match made in heaven, Alan recently became a "fixer-upper" homeowner and could no longer devote his time to DWC. I completely understand and support him in his project. I also want to give him a huge shout out for all his help with NAHBS this year. That guy was "Johnny on the spot" and my right hand man. I should have publicly thanked him during the awards last Sunday, but as my lack of preparation got the best of me, I went to the stage without notes and my public speaking skills are seriously lacking and I barely got through it.

So, anyhow, Thanks Bearclaw! I appreciate you helping me out.

So, anyone know someone who is available to apprentice here?

DW

No comments: