Dee to the Dub

Dee to the Dub
I love the smell of molten brass in the morning....

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More Photo Hotness






This bike is a prototype of sorts. Columbus answered my requests for bringing back the Max tubing, but in Life material. This, to my knowledge, is the first ever MaxLife bike in the world.
Fillet brazed and built up with SRAM Red, Cane Creek 110 Headset attached to a Wound Up fork, Thomson Post, Selle Italia Flight Gel Flo saddle, Zipp Bars/Stem and Flash-point wheels, this baby came in at 18.7 pounds. Race wheels would make it around 17 and it would give you all the stiffness you could want. Will be ridden by Josh Weir.
DW




2 comments:

Unknown said...

DW,

That looks very nice.

That tubing sounds like quite a score - could you send me some info on the Max/Life tubing that you got from Columbus? Do I need to talk to Fabrizio directly? :)

Why did you flip the top tube around?

Cool bike.

Conor

Unknown said...

DW,

That looks very nice.

That tubing sounds like quite a score - could you send me some info on the Max/Life tubing that you got from Columbus? Do I need to talk to Fabrizio directly? :)

Why did you flip the top tube around?

Cool bike.

Conor